Planning a December Wedding? Add a magical touch of Christmas with some of these ideas!
There’s a huge array of Christmas wedding ideas that would transform your winter wedding into a festive wonderland! We have put together a list of some of our favourite ideas for you Winter brides-to-be!
1. Pick a wintery venue!
2. Pick a venue that has Christmas decorations for the festive season!
3. Add a Christmas tree to your venue if there isn’t one already and decorate it with your colour scheme!
4. Add a fairy light wall like the one below!
Invites and save the dates
5. Give your Save the Dates a festive touch so that the guests already know what to expect!
6. Pick a winter themed invite for your guests like this one below to get the guests in the festive spirit!
7. Use Christmas themed names for your table names
8. Use crackers as your wedding favours
9. Give the guests hot chocolate wedding favours
10. Spread come Quality Street/Celebrations/Hero’s around the tables for the guests to pick at!
11. Use a Christmas wreath as a centre piece with candles!
12. Add some star shaped fairy lights to the tables for extra sparkle!
13. Use Baubles as place settings!
Food & Drink
14. Add a festive touch to your reception drinks with this recipe!
15. Offer mini mince pies or posh pigs in blankets as canapes!
16. Have a Christmas themed feast for your meal with all the trimmings!
17. Add some festive touches to your cake!
18. Make the after meal coffee’s festive with a dash of cinnamon or gingerbread syrup!
19. Have a mulled wine table for warm festive drinks that the guests will love!
20. At the end of the evening serve up some baileys hot chocolates with whipped cream and a candy cane!
21. Add Christmas songs to your playlist
22. Pop these reindeer ring toss games to the tables for the guests to play
23. Hire a band that will play festive tunes or even be dressed up
24. Get Santa to come to the wedding to give kids a present or even to hand out all the favours
25. Buy some Christmas themed photo props
26. Dress the bridesmaids in light coloured dresses with something to wrap around their shoulders!
27. Add a faux fur cover up to the brides/bridesmaids/flower girl outfits!
28. Opt for a long-sleeved wedding dress with gorgeous lace detailing!
29. Add some touches of red to the outfits – like a red ribbon on the waist, or red flowers!
30. Give the Groom/Groomsmen a festive buttonhole with pine cones and red berries!
We hope this list has given you some festive wedding inspiration!
Want to see more? Take a look at one of our lovely Bride’s real Christmas wedding here.